WooCommerce is one of the most popular and fastest solutions for creating online sales websites. However, it is never the best choice because of the cumbersome source code and poor optimization of the database. The more updates to newer versions, the heavier WooCommerce is because the features are not necessary. If you are looking to streamline WooCommerce and make your website lighter, this article is for you. With the help of a plugin called Disable WooCommerce Bloat, things will be easier than ever.
Disable WooCommerce Bloat Features
At the time that I post this article, the Disable WooCommerce Bloat plugin is equipped with some of the following features:
- WooCommerce Admin: disable WooCommerce Admin (Home section), Analytics section and Notification Bar (top notification bar).
- Marketing Hub: disable Marketing. Coupons feature will be returned to WooCommerce => Coupons as before.
- WooCommerce.com notice: Removes “Connect your store to WooCommerce.com to receive extensions updates and support” message.
- WooCommerce Status Meta Box: removes WooCommerce widgets from WordPress Dashboard.
- Marketplace Suggestions: remove suggestions from WooCommerce.com.
- Extensions submenu: Removes the Extensions section (WooCommerce.com extension marketplace).
- Password Strength Meter: disables the feature that shows password strength.
- WooCommerce scripts and styles: removes WooCommerce JS and CSS files on non-product, shopping cart and checkout pages. Reference: Conditional download JS and CSS files of WooCommerce plugin
- WooCommerce Cart Fragments: disable Cart Fragments (? Wc-ajax = get_refreshed_fragments), do it if your website doesn’t have a shopping cart icon or set it to automatically redirect to the cart page after a user has added a shopping car into the basket.
- WooCommerce Widgets: removes WooCommerce default widgets. Only enable if you are not using any widgets.
Third-party plugins bloat
- Jetpack promotions: This will remove Jetpack promotions in case you are using this plugin on your website.
- SkyVerge Dashboard: removes SkyVerge Dashboard if you are using SkyVerge plugins.
- Elementor Dashboard widget: Remove Elementor widget in WordPress Dashboard if your site is using this plugin.
Install Disable Woocommerce Bloat Plugin
Step 1: First, you need to install and activate the Disable WooCommerce Bloat plugin.
Step 2: Next, go to WooCommerce => Settings => Advanced => Disable WooCommerce Bloat. Here, you will see some settings as shown below.
Tick select the features you want to remove and then click the Save Changes button. The list of features I have listed above should not mention it again.
Step 3: Clear website cache (if any) and browser cache then check the results. It’s simple, right? Good luck!
You know what other more effective solution to streamline WooCommerce and speed it up? Don’t forget to share it with us through the comment box below.